This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A hospital nurse is discussing with an older adult the possibility transfer to a nursing home for ... (Read 36 times)

krzymel

A hospital nurse is discussing with an older adult the possibility transfer to a nursing home for skilled care after pneumonia. Which statement by the client indicates an understanding of this possible transfer?

A) Old people who go to the nursing home don't get out.
  B) They will take my home if I go to the nursing home.
  C) I don't qualify for skilled care, I only had pneumonia.
  D) I have already used 45 Medicare days this year.

Question 2

A group of community health nurses is using the Stages of Change model as the foundation of a new health promotion campaign for older adults. What goal for the participants are the nurses likely to promote when working with older adults in the program?

A) A recognition of the importance of screening for common health problems
  B) Increased participation in exercise programs and an awareness of the relationship between exercise and wellness
  C) The replacement of participants' unhealthy behaviors with healthy behaviors
  D) An awareness of the differences between life expectancy and active life expectancy

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mfedorka

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D
Medicare and other insurance programs will cover all or part of the care for up to 100 days of care. Typical diagnoses associated with skilled care in a nursing home are stroke, fractured hip, congestive heart failure, and rehabilitation after acute illnesses (e.g., pneumonia and myocardial infarction). About 65 of older adults spend some time in a nursing home.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
The primary focus of the Stages of Change model is on replacing unhealthy behaviors with healthy behaviors. This may include awareness of screening, exercise, and wellness, but the main priority is health-related behaviors.

krzymel

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

xoxo123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library