This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A hospital nurse is discussing with an older adult the possibility transfer to a nursing home for ... (Read 38 times)

krzymel

A hospital nurse is discussing with an older adult the possibility transfer to a nursing home for skilled care after pneumonia. Which statement by the client indicates an understanding of this possible transfer?

A) Old people who go to the nursing home don't get out.
  B) They will take my home if I go to the nursing home.
  C) I don't qualify for skilled care, I only had pneumonia.
  D) I have already used 45 Medicare days this year.

Question 2

A group of community health nurses is using the Stages of Change model as the foundation of a new health promotion campaign for older adults. What goal for the participants are the nurses likely to promote when working with older adults in the program?

A) A recognition of the importance of screening for common health problems
  B) Increased participation in exercise programs and an awareness of the relationship between exercise and wellness
  C) The replacement of participants' unhealthy behaviors with healthy behaviors
  D) An awareness of the differences between life expectancy and active life expectancy

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mfedorka

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D
Medicare and other insurance programs will cover all or part of the care for up to 100 days of care. Typical diagnoses associated with skilled care in a nursing home are stroke, fractured hip, congestive heart failure, and rehabilitation after acute illnesses (e.g., pneumonia and myocardial infarction). About 65 of older adults spend some time in a nursing home.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
The primary focus of the Stages of Change model is on replacing unhealthy behaviors with healthy behaviors. This may include awareness of screening, exercise, and wellness, but the main priority is health-related behaviors.

krzymel

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

covalentbond

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library