This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 70-year-old person who has Medicare Part A only is discussing the cost of health care with a ... (Read 29 times)

abern

A 70-year-old person who has Medicare Part A only is discussing the cost of health care with a nurse. The nurse understands that Medicare Part A covers the cost of which of the following? (Select all that apply.)

a. Diabetic testing supplies
  b. Acute hospitalization semiprivate rooms
  c. Intensive care unit hospitalization
  d. Skilled rehabilitative nursing care in a health care facility
  e. Prescription medications

Question 2

A 70-year-old diabetic patient has just received instruction from a nurse on glucose self-monitoring. He tells the nurse: I hear that those test strips cost a lot. I am not sure that I can afford anything else.

The only health insurance I have is Medicare Parts A and B. The best response by the nurse is:
  a. I am sorry, but Medicaid is the only in-surance that covers the cost of diabetic testing supplies.
  b. Medicare Part A will cover the cost of the supplies to manage your diabetes.
  c. Medicare Part B will cover the cost of the supplies to manage your diabetes.
  d. I am sorry, but Medigap insurance is the only insurance that covers the cost of dia-betic testing supplies.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

krakiolit

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B, C, D
Medicare Part A covers the cost of acute hospitalization semiprivate rooms and any necessary medical services and supplies, which include intensive care unit costs. It covers the costs of skilled rehabilitative nursing care in a health care facility. The first 20 days are covered at 100, days 21 to 100 with a daily co-pay of over 10, and there is no coverage after 100 days. Diabetic testing supplies are covered under Medicare Part B and prescription medications are covered un-der Medicare Part D.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Medicare Part B covers the cost of diabetic testing supplies.

abern

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

miss.ashley

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library