This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 70-year-old person who has Medicare Part A only is discussing the cost of health care with a ... (Read 22 times)

abern

A 70-year-old person who has Medicare Part A only is discussing the cost of health care with a nurse. The nurse understands that Medicare Part A covers the cost of which of the following? (Select all that apply.)

a. Diabetic testing supplies
  b. Acute hospitalization semiprivate rooms
  c. Intensive care unit hospitalization
  d. Skilled rehabilitative nursing care in a health care facility
  e. Prescription medications

Question 2

A 70-year-old diabetic patient has just received instruction from a nurse on glucose self-monitoring. He tells the nurse: I hear that those test strips cost a lot. I am not sure that I can afford anything else.

The only health insurance I have is Medicare Parts A and B. The best response by the nurse is:
  a. I am sorry, but Medicaid is the only in-surance that covers the cost of diabetic testing supplies.
  b. Medicare Part A will cover the cost of the supplies to manage your diabetes.
  c. Medicare Part B will cover the cost of the supplies to manage your diabetes.
  d. I am sorry, but Medigap insurance is the only insurance that covers the cost of dia-betic testing supplies.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

krakiolit

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B, C, D
Medicare Part A covers the cost of acute hospitalization semiprivate rooms and any necessary medical services and supplies, which include intensive care unit costs. It covers the costs of skilled rehabilitative nursing care in a health care facility. The first 20 days are covered at 100, days 21 to 100 with a daily co-pay of over 10, and there is no coverage after 100 days. Diabetic testing supplies are covered under Medicare Part B and prescription medications are covered un-der Medicare Part D.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Medicare Part B covers the cost of diabetic testing supplies.

abern

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Bigfoot1984

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library