This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which comment by the nurse would best support relationship building with a victim of partner abuse? ... (Read 60 times)

kamilo84

Which comment by the nurse would best support relationship building with a victim of partner abuse?

a. You are feeling violated, because you thought you could trust your partner.
  b. I'm here for you. I want you to tell me about the bad things that happened to you.
  c. I was very worried about you. I knew you were living in a potentially violent situation.
  d. Abusers often target people who are passive. I will refer you to an assertiveness class.

Question 2

A nurse caring for victims of violence plans care based on an understanding that after the initial impact, most victims begin to react emotionally to effects of the traum

a. This second stage of recovery is known as:
  a. disorganization.
  b. reorganization.
  c. retribution.
  d. recoil.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zoeyesther

Answer to Question 1

A
The correct option uses the therapeutic technique of reflection. It shows empathy, an important nursing attribute for establishing rapport and building a relationship. None of the other options would help the patient feel accepted.

Answer to Question 2

D
In the recoil stage, emotional stress is high as the individual strives to come to terms with what has happened. The victim talks about the incident and his or her feelings about the trauma. Reorganization is the third stage of recovery, in which grief over the incident is resolved. Retribution is not a stage in the recovery process. In the impact stage, common responses are shock, denial, and disbelief. Disorganization may be a reaction in the impact stage.

kamilo84

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

aliotak

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library