This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A blackout is described as a. a comatose period related to alcohol withdrawal. b. a comatose ... (Read 91 times)

Lisaclaire

A blackout is described as

a. a comatose period related to alcohol withdrawal.
  b. a comatose episode associated with alcohol intoxication and poisoning.
  c. a time period in which a person who has used alcohol is unresponsive to the environment.
  d. an episode in which a person under the influence of alcohol functions normally but later is unable to remember.

Question 2

Which remarks by a 72-year-old patient should prompt the nurse to assess for depression? Select all that apply.

a. Lately I have had a lot of aches and pains and just haven't felt very well.
  b. My appetite is better than usual, and I am sleeping about 9 hours a night.
  c. People are in and out of my room all day and all night taking my things.
  d. Don't ask me to eat. I can't because my stomach is upset all the time.
  e. Life is more organized now that I don't live in my own home.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fwbard

Answer to Question 1

D
A blackout is defined as a period of time in which a drinker functions socially but for which there is no memory. The distracters omit aspects of a blackout.

Answer to Question 2

A, C, D
Any of the remarks listed as correct should be enough to trigger use of an assessment tool for depression. Somatic symptoms, delusions of persecution, and nihilistic delusions are more common in late-onset depression than in early-onset depression. The other options do not suggest symptoms of mental disorder.

Lisaclaire

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

kswal303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library