This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A blackout is described as a. a comatose period related to alcohol withdrawal. b. a comatose ... (Read 92 times)

Lisaclaire

A blackout is described as

a. a comatose period related to alcohol withdrawal.
  b. a comatose episode associated with alcohol intoxication and poisoning.
  c. a time period in which a person who has used alcohol is unresponsive to the environment.
  d. an episode in which a person under the influence of alcohol functions normally but later is unable to remember.

Question 2

Which remarks by a 72-year-old patient should prompt the nurse to assess for depression? Select all that apply.

a. Lately I have had a lot of aches and pains and just haven't felt very well.
  b. My appetite is better than usual, and I am sleeping about 9 hours a night.
  c. People are in and out of my room all day and all night taking my things.
  d. Don't ask me to eat. I can't because my stomach is upset all the time.
  e. Life is more organized now that I don't live in my own home.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fwbard

Answer to Question 1

D
A blackout is defined as a period of time in which a drinker functions socially but for which there is no memory. The distracters omit aspects of a blackout.

Answer to Question 2

A, C, D
Any of the remarks listed as correct should be enough to trigger use of an assessment tool for depression. Somatic symptoms, delusions of persecution, and nihilistic delusions are more common in late-onset depression than in early-onset depression. The other options do not suggest symptoms of mental disorder.

Lisaclaire

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

mcabuhat

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library