This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 66-year-old patient has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus and related vision loss. ... (Read 26 times)

cherise1989

A 66-year-old patient has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus and related vision loss. Which statement demonstrates the ability to manage her condition?

a. I schedule my yearly eye examination for the week of my birthday.
  b. When I notice haloes around lights, I'll know I'm developing a problem with re-tinopathy.
  c. My sister had diabetic retinopathy, and the vessels in her eyes were scarred.
  d. I understand that the eye problems need to be diagnosed with an ophthalmoscopic exam.

Question 2

A patient in a long-term care facility has incontinence. What assessment by the nurse is most important before designing interventions for this problem?

a. Cognitive status
  b. Ambulatory status
  c. Cardiovascular status
  d. History of childbirth

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fdliggud

Answer to Question 1

A
Patients with diabetes should have a yearly examination by an ophthalmologist. Scheduling the exam for the week of her birthday will keep the patient from forgetting to do so. The other statements are not related to management.

Answer to Question 2

A
Treatment options differ between cognitively impaired and intact individuals. If the person is not intact, he or she has to rely on caregivers to maintain appropriate bladder function. The other as-sessments can be worked into the treatment plan.

cherise1989

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Wow, this really help

xiazhe

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library