This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 25-year-old woman comes to the clinic with a yellowish-green malodorous vaginal discharge. She ... (Read 30 times)

jwb375

A 25-year-old woman comes to the clinic with a yellowish-green malodorous vaginal discharge. She says it makes her itch and makes it hard to urinate.

After a microscopic examination that confirms trichomoniasis, the patient is placed on metronidazole (Flagyl) for 7 days. How should the nurse advise the patient?
  a.
  Avoid alcohol while on Flagyl
  b.
  Be aware that her urine may turn blue and will stain clothing
  c.
  Wear snug underwear during treatment
  d.
  Be aware that she need not notify her sexual partners as trichomoniasis is not contagious

Question 2

The young woman comes to the free clinic for the complaint of stomach cramps. During the examination, the nurse recommends that she be tested for chlamydia.

The woman says I don't need any test...I don't have any symptoms for a sexual infection...I just came for my stomach. Which response is most informative?
  a.
  Well, if you get more symptoms come back for testing.
  b.
  The doctor may have to order medicine for syphilis and chlamydia. You probably have that too. You need to be tested today
  c.
  Testing is not mandatory...I probably wouldn't bother either since you have no symptoms.
  d.
  That stomachache may be part of a chlamydia infection. Many women do not have a discharge, but are carriers.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

shaquita

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Alcohol should be avoided as it can cause disorientation, cramps, and possibly convulsions.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Chlamydia frequently displays no signs or symptoms in women. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends an annual screening for all women over 25 who are at risk for STDs.

jwb375

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

vickyvicksss

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library