Author Question: Which one of the following students is most clearly engaging in critical thinking? a. Louise has ... (Read 82 times)

clmills979

Which one of the following students is most clearly engaging in critical thinking?

a. Louise has a puzzled look as she reads her textbook. I don't understand what the author is trying to say, she thinks.
  b. Before turning in his astronomy test, Sam rereads his responses to the test's three . I'm pretty sure I answered the first two questions correctly, he tells himself, but I'm not sure about the last question.
  c. Raul jumps at the chance to learn how to use desktop publishing software. I'm particularly interested in learning how to integrate text and graphics, he tells his teacher.
  d. As Morgan watches her lab partner experiment with a pendulum, she says, You just changed the length of the string at the same time you added more weight. That won't tell us anything.

Question 2

Which one of the following is the best example of critical thinking as the textbook defines the term?

a. Justin says to his friend Victor, I think I can guess why you're feeling sad today.
  b. Lorenzo complains to his teacher, When the textbook author talks about the importance of recycling, he doesn't explain how the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
  c. Muriel asks her teacher, Why do we have to start school so early in the morning? I have trouble thinking clearly before ten o'clock in the morning.
  d. Rachel mumbles to herself as she reads her history book, Why does the year 1929 sound so familiar? Oh, yes, now I know. That's the year the stock market crashed.

nmyers

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

b