This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Explain how Dawnece's and Claire's approach to studying French helps them encode and retrieve what ... (Read 19 times)

vicotolentino

Explain how Dawnece's and Claire's approach to studying French helps them encode and retrieve what they are studying.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Students' sense of self-efficacy affects their goals, their choice of activities, and their effort and persistence in classroom activities. Consequently, it also affects their learning and achievement. Describe how Karen's self-efficacy about learning French changes over the course of the case study and how it potentially affects her thinking and behavior.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Chocorrol77

Answer to Question 1

Claire and Dawnece use verbal mediation, a mnemonic strategy that enables them to form a meaningful connection between each word and its meaning. Such meaningful learning should enhance encoding and make retrieval easier.

Answer to Question 2

Following are relevant points to be made in response to this question:
 Karen's poor performance in French I led to low expectations for French II, making her initially reluctant to sign up for French II.
 Before the first test in French II, Karen thinks to herself, No matter how hard I try, I am just no good at French.. Such thinking reveals an attribution to an internal but uncontrollable causelow ability. It may also lead to relatively little studying, and perhaps to a tendency to give up easily in the face of challenging learning tasks.
 Karen has higher self-efficacy after studying with Claire and Dawnece, especially as she takes the first test. During the test, she says to herself that she knows this stuff.. Her grade on the test

vicotolentino

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
Excellent

bblaney

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library