This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In the reading selection from Descartess Meditations on First Philosophy, he argues that he cannot ... (Read 9 times)

Jkov05

In the reading selection from Descartess Meditations on First Philosophy, he argues that he cannot be deceived about the proposition I am, I exist, because

a. in order to be a being who is deceived, he has to exist.
   b. God has revealed this truth to him.
   c. only insane persons would doubt their own existence.
   d. we should sometimes believe things without certainty.

Question 2

In the reading selection from Descartess Meditations on First Philosophy, Descartes says there are many sense experiences as to which we cannot reasonably have any doubt. . . . For example, there is the fact that I am here, seated by the fire. Concerning these vivid sense experiences, Descartes says that

a. it is foolish to doubt them.
  b. I cant have total certainty about them because I could be dreaming.
   c. it doesnt matter if my experiences are true or not, as long as they are pleasant.
   d. since I have five senses, they all couldnt be wrong.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bblaney

Answer to Question 1

a.

Answer to Question 2

b.

Jkov05

Reply 2 on: Jul 14, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

mohan

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library