This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In the reading selection from Descartess Meditations on First Philosophy, he argues that he cannot ... (Read 18 times)

Jkov05

In the reading selection from Descartess Meditations on First Philosophy, he argues that he cannot be deceived about the proposition I am, I exist, because

a. in order to be a being who is deceived, he has to exist.
   b. God has revealed this truth to him.
   c. only insane persons would doubt their own existence.
   d. we should sometimes believe things without certainty.

Question 2

In the reading selection from Descartess Meditations on First Philosophy, Descartes says there are many sense experiences as to which we cannot reasonably have any doubt. . . . For example, there is the fact that I am here, seated by the fire. Concerning these vivid sense experiences, Descartes says that

a. it is foolish to doubt them.
  b. I cant have total certainty about them because I could be dreaming.
   c. it doesnt matter if my experiences are true or not, as long as they are pleasant.
   d. since I have five senses, they all couldnt be wrong.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bblaney

Answer to Question 1

a.

Answer to Question 2

b.

Jkov05

Reply 2 on: Jul 14, 2018
Gracias!

shewald78

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library