Author Question: How does the study of philosophy contribute to the search for a meaningful life? Need help with ... (Read 42 times)

Marty

How does the study of philosophy contribute to the search for a meaningful life?

Need help with this one please

Question 2

What is the subject matter of ethics in philosophy?

How are these questions approached?

ms_sulzle

Answer to Question 1

- Philosophy provides us with the motivation and the intellectual abilities required to explore life's most challenging issues, such as:
- What is the meaning of my life?
- To what extent am I free and responsible for my choices?
- Facing moral dilemmas, what is the right thing to do?
- What is the relationship between my religious beliefs and other areas of my life?
- How do I gain genuine knowledge and ascertain truth?
- By learning to think philosophically, you can develop your mind into a powerful, sophisticated resource that will enrich all dimensions of your life.

Answer to Question 2

- Ethics: the study of moral values and principles
- Questions include: How should we treat other people? Is there a good life for humans? What is the relation between moral values and religion? How do we decide on the moral rightness of social issues?