This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Due to the fact that I spread the rumor about the surprise party, I had to buy the cake with my ... (Read 9 times)

j.rubin

Due to the fact that I spread the rumor about the surprise party, I had to buy the cake with my allowance.

a. Repetition
 b. Clich
 c. Wordy speech
  d. Vague words

Question 2

Subject: Writing a resume Possible thesis statements:

a. A resume contains important information about a person.
 b. Writing a resume takes time and effort because it must include several well-thought-out pieces of information about an applicant, such as his or her education, technology skills, and work experience.
  c. One section of a resume should focus on a person's education.
 d. In conclusion, do not procrastinate; begin building a resume today.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

meltdown117

Answer to Question 1

c
RATIONALE: When you are aware of your style, tone, and voice, you sound more credible.

Answer to Question 2

b
RATIONALE: A thesis contains the main idea and the significance of the main idea. In many cases, there are three points that represent the significance of the main ideas. These three points form the basis of the body paragraphs.

j.rubin

Reply 2 on: Jul 15, 2018
Excellent

ricroger

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library