Author Question: In the following lines from the poem Baby Running Barefoot by D. H. Lawrence, the example of a ... (Read 24 times)

biggirl4568

In the following lines from the poem Baby Running Barefoot by D. H. Lawrence, the example of a simile is:

a. When the white feet of the baby beat across the grass . . .
  b. The little white feet nod like white flowers in a wind . . .
  c. And I wish that the baby would tack across here to me . . .
  d. With two little bare white feet upon my knee . . .

Question 2

Reading selectively is appropriate for all of the following situations except when

a. you are searching for specific information.
  b. a high level of comprehension is needed.
  c. you are familiar with what you are reading.
  d. the material does not match your purpose in reading.

Anonymous

Answer to Question 1

b

Answer to Question 2

b

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library