This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Identify the author's tone in the following sentences: Do you remember the days when penny candies ... (Read 22 times)

strangeaffliction

Identify the author's tone in the following sentences: Do you remember the days when penny candies actually cost a penny? Do you remember walking to the local ice cream parlor and having a banana split made right before your eyes? Do you remember quenching your thirst with an old-fashioned fountain soda?

a. nostalgic

b. sympathetic

c. joyous

d. detached

Question 2

Identify the sentence that is punctuated correctly.

a. I told you before, said Matt, that we can discuss the situation, after you've had time to cool down.

b. I told you before said Matt, that we can discuss the situation after you've had time to cool down.

c. I told you before, said Matt that we can discuss the situation, after you've had time to cool down.

d. I told you before, said Matt, that we can discuss the situation after you've had time to cool down.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ebonylittles

Answer to Question 1

a

Answer to Question 2

d

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library