This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Explain the difference between stress and strain. What will be an ideal ... (Read 16 times)

Mr3Hunna

Explain the difference between stress and strain.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

If you were exploring for natural resources, such as metallic minerals, oil, or gas, what geologic structures would you look for and why?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

olivia_paige29

Answer to Question 1

Stress is the force applied to a body. Strain is the measurable rock deformation resulting from stress.

Answer to Question 2

I would prefer my exploration area to contain folds and faults because geologic structures often have resources associated with them. Anticline folds and reverse and thrust faults form traps for oil and gas deposits. Metallic ore-forming fluids migrate along faults and the metal ore minerals precipitate as the water moves towards the surface and cools.

Mr3Hunna

Reply 2 on: Jul 16, 2018
Excellent

aliotak

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library