This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing teaching to a new mother regarding changing her perineal pad. Which of the ... (Read 11 times)

jrubin

The nurse is providing teaching to a new mother regarding changing her perineal pad. Which of the following client statement indicates effective teaching?

A) I will pull my underwear down and to the front.
  B) I will unhook my pad from the front first.
  C) I will remove the pad from the back to the front.
  D) I will apply the new pad by hooking it to the back first.

Question 2

A nurse is caring for a client with renal calculi. What measure should the nurse employ
  for this client?

A) Encourage the client to drink at least 1 liter of fluids daily
  B) Strain all urine through a piece of gauze, cheesecloth, or strainer
  C) Ask the client to try and avoid ambulating if possible
  D) Encourage the client to consume plenty of dairy products

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

qytan

Answer to Question 1

B
When removing a soiled pad, the client should pull her panties straight down. If using a sanitary belt, she should unhook the pad from the front first. The nurse should advise the client always to start removal of the perineal pad by first removing the pad from clean areas in the front and then removing the pad from the dirty area near the rectum. When applying a clean pad, she should hook it onto the front first, which helps prevent infection.

Answer to Question 2

B

jrubin

Reply 2 on: Jul 16, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

carlsona147

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library