This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Darren has found that the first few months of his nursing program was rewarding but challenging, and ... (Read 11 times)

misspop

Darren has found that the first few months of his nursing program was rewarding but challenging, and he has noticed that he often runs out of energy by Thursday or Friday each week. What can Darren do to increase the amount of energy that he has?

A) Reduce his level of physical activity in order to conserve energy.
  B) Try to eat high-calorie foods and eat more frequently during the day.
  C) Avoid eating breakfast so that he can eat more later in the day.
  D) Build time into his schedule each day for some exercise.

Question 2

A patient who has suffered a stroke has been scheduled for a follow-up computed tomography (CT) scan of his head and the hospital porters have arrived to transport him to the radiology department.

However, the patient's son and daughter-in-law have recently arrived to visit the patient and have asked for the procedure to be put off until they can spend some time with him. How should the nurse best respond to the family's request?
  A) Unfortunately, this can't be put off because it's very important for your father's care.
  B) I understand. I'll make sure that someone communicates with the radiology department.
  C) It's hospital policy that all patients receive their scheduled treatments without delay.
  D) Please just let us know when you would be comfortable with him going for his test.