This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A licensed practical/vocational nurse (LP/VN) provides an in-service for all of the healthcare staff ... (Read 71 times)

cherise1989

A licensed practical/vocational nurse (LP/VN) provides an in-service for all of the healthcare staff on Green health care.

At the end of the session, the nurse asked the healthcare workers to provide ways they planned on helping keep Green health care. Which statement should the LP/VN further clarify to improve the worker's application of Green health?
  A) I will only take in the linens I need to care for my client into my client's room.
  B) I will place confidential client report papers into the paper shredder for recycling.
  C) I will dispose of used batteries from the telemetry monitors into the trash can.
  D) I will volunteer to serve on a committee that searches for reusable medical supplies.

Question 2

The licensed practical/vocational nurse (LP/VN) is caring for another nurse's clients while he is on break.

One of the client rooms has a radioactive material sign on the door and precautions listed for brachytherapy (radioactive seeds placed in the clients prostate). The nurse should intervene when who attempts to enter the client's room?
  A) The nursing assistant (NA) who is pregnant is taking an adult incontinence brief and supplies to perform perineal care.
  B) The male unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP) is bringing the client's lunch.
  C) The client's wife, age 62, and son, age 40 want to visit.
  D) The housekeeper is preparing to clean the client's room using standard precautions.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bpool94

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C
Green health care has goals to use reusable supplies over disposable ones, conserve supplies by not wastefully taking more supplies than needed into a client's room, and dispose of potential toxic substances properly to prevent polluting the environment. Used batteries need to go into a special container. They do not go into the waste can because the toxic substances in the battery will pollute the ground and water supply. The other statements correctly reflect green health and do not need further clarification.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
The nurse needs to intervene with the pregnant NA who is planning to perform perineal care because the potential risk of exposing the unborn fetus to radiation. Precautions are posted on the door, including pregnant women remain 3 feet away and children cannot sit on lap for more than 5 minutes per day. Radiation dose is minimal and poses no threat to male visitors, or male health care workers. The client's wife is clearly postmenopausal, so she is not at risk.

cherise1989

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Wow, this really help

Dnite

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library