This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client says, I wish my children would call me. They have been on vacation. The nurse responds, ... (Read 16 times)

schs14

A client says, I wish my children would call me. They have been on vacation. The nurse responds, You're missing your children and would like them to call?

Match the therapeutic communication technique with the example that best illustrates it.
  a. Broad open-ended statement or
  question
  e. Reassurance
  b. Reflection f. Summarization
  c. Clarification g. Acknowledgment
  d. Silence

Question 2

The first step in stopping verbal abuse is

a. to feel humiliated and not respond. c. to react appropriately in the moment of
  disruptive behavior.
  b. to be taken aback and cry. d. to reply back with a firm, cutting
  response.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bdobbins

Answer to Question 1

ANS: b

Answer to Question 2

ANS: c

schs14

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

tanna.moeller

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library