This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Assuming all are true, which information about a new graduate should be included in a rsum to ... (Read 25 times)

captainjonesify

Assuming all are true, which information about a new graduate should be included in a rsum to highlight abilities that would be valuable to an employer?

a. Prefers annual salary of 50,000 to 52,000
  b. President of sky diving club
  c. Fluent in American sign language
  d. Plans to move to a nearby state after 1 year

Question 2

Which statement indicates that a nurse is knowledgeable about good rsum preparation?

a. My rsum is comprised of nearly three and a half pages.
  b. It was difficult to write a good objective statement, but I finally managed.
  c. I used a bulleted style to call attention to my list of job skills.
  d. To make sure my rsum catches the eye, I used bright pink paper.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ecox1012

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The ability to communicate with hearing-impaired patients who use sign language would be an asset. It is better not to include salary expectations. Leisure time activities are not relevant. A rsum indicating plans to move to a nearby state after 1 year may prejudice the employer against hiring, because it costs money to orient new employees.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Using bullets to draw the eye to job skills and make them easily readable helps the person reading the rsum match skills to the requirements of the job. Ideally a rsum should be one page. Use of objective statements is outdated. Paper color should be conservative.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library