This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Assuming all are true, which information about a new graduate should be included in a rsum to ... (Read 27 times)

captainjonesify

Assuming all are true, which information about a new graduate should be included in a rsum to highlight abilities that would be valuable to an employer?

a. Prefers annual salary of 50,000 to 52,000
  b. President of sky diving club
  c. Fluent in American sign language
  d. Plans to move to a nearby state after 1 year

Question 2

Which statement indicates that a nurse is knowledgeable about good rsum preparation?

a. My rsum is comprised of nearly three and a half pages.
  b. It was difficult to write a good objective statement, but I finally managed.
  c. I used a bulleted style to call attention to my list of job skills.
  d. To make sure my rsum catches the eye, I used bright pink paper.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ecox1012

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The ability to communicate with hearing-impaired patients who use sign language would be an asset. It is better not to include salary expectations. Leisure time activities are not relevant. A rsum indicating plans to move to a nearby state after 1 year may prejudice the employer against hiring, because it costs money to orient new employees.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Using bullets to draw the eye to job skills and make them easily readable helps the person reading the rsum match skills to the requirements of the job. Ideally a rsum should be one page. Use of objective statements is outdated. Paper color should be conservative.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library