This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A resident has not voided in 6 hours. Which instruction to a nursing assistant would likely ensure ... (Read 18 times)

RYAN BANYAN

A resident has not voided in 6 hours. Which instruction to a nursing assistant would likely ensure getting the information needed by the LPN/LVN charge nurse?

a. Watch the resident's output closely today.
  b. I need to know if the resident is voiding sufficiently.
  c. The resident should void at least twice during the shift in quantities of 200 ml or more.
  d. Report to me immediately if the resident voids between now and 10 AM, and tell me the amount he voids. If he has not voided by 10 AM, please report this to me.

Question 2

The new nursing assistant arrived 1 hour late for duty on the second day of employment, giving the excuse of car trouble. The LPN/LVN charge nurse should

a. note the incident of tardiness in the charge nurse's personal file.
  b. send a letter of reprimand to the nursing assistant.
  c. give an oral reprimand to the nursing assistant.
  d. arrange to terminate the nursing assistant before a pattern develops.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

helenmarkerine

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
This is an example of specific, complete communication. It should be followed by giving the nursing assistant an opportunity to repeat what is expected. The other instructions are vague and could leave the nursing assistant wondering what to do.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Documenting the incident in the charge nurse's personal file will allow the charge nurse to later determine whether a pattern develops. If no pattern develops, no harm has been done to the employee's work record. A first instance of tardiness does not require reprimand or termination, but rather an explanation that the expectation for all employees is to be at work on time.

RYAN BANYAN

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Wow, this really help

Dnite

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library