This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is caring for a Sunni Muslim patient. The nurse demonstrates cultural sensitivity by ... (Read 42 times)

jenna1

A nurse is caring for a Sunni Muslim patient. The nurse demonstrates cultural sensitivity by understanding that the patient would likely pray to

a. Allah.
  b. Islam.
  c. Buddha.
  d. Jesus Christ.

Question 2

A nurse is caring for an Orthodox Jewish patient who has terminal cancer. The nurse demonstrates cultural sensitivity toward the patient by stating

a. Would you like me to assist you in praying to Jesus?
  b. I'm sure you will go to heaven. You're a good person.
  c. Would you like me to ask your rabbi to come to visit you?
  d. Would you like me to bring you a copy of the New Testament?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

meganmoser117

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Muslims believe in one God, Allah. The word Islam implies peace. In the sixth century AD, the prophet Muhammad founded Islam in Arabia. Followers of Islam are called Muslims. Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha) founded Buddhism in the sixth century BC in India. Christianity is based on a belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Orthodox Jews follow the traditional faith and strictly adhere to rituals. Jews believe in God but do not have a belief in Christ. A nurse should avoid making references to heaven or Jesus. Jewish clergy are called rabbis. The holy books of the Jews are the Torah and the Talmud.

jenna1

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Excellent

ryansturges

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library