This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is caring for a Sunni Muslim patient. The nurse demonstrates cultural sensitivity by ... (Read 43 times)

jenna1

A nurse is caring for a Sunni Muslim patient. The nurse demonstrates cultural sensitivity by understanding that the patient would likely pray to

a. Allah.
  b. Islam.
  c. Buddha.
  d. Jesus Christ.

Question 2

A nurse is caring for an Orthodox Jewish patient who has terminal cancer. The nurse demonstrates cultural sensitivity toward the patient by stating

a. Would you like me to assist you in praying to Jesus?
  b. I'm sure you will go to heaven. You're a good person.
  c. Would you like me to ask your rabbi to come to visit you?
  d. Would you like me to bring you a copy of the New Testament?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

meganmoser117

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Muslims believe in one God, Allah. The word Islam implies peace. In the sixth century AD, the prophet Muhammad founded Islam in Arabia. Followers of Islam are called Muslims. Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha) founded Buddhism in the sixth century BC in India. Christianity is based on a belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Orthodox Jews follow the traditional faith and strictly adhere to rituals. Jews believe in God but do not have a belief in Christ. A nurse should avoid making references to heaven or Jesus. Jewish clergy are called rabbis. The holy books of the Jews are the Torah and the Talmud.

jenna1

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Wow, this really help

deja

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library