This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: I feel like I can't catch my breath is an example of a. effective data. b. objective data. c. ... (Read 73 times)

Tirant22

I feel like I can't catch my breath is an example of

a. effective data.
  b. objective data.
  c. subjective data.
  d. evaluative data.

Question 2

Which of the following are considered subjective data?

a. The patient tells the nurse that he has a headache.
  b. The nursing assistant tells the nurse that the patient vomited.
  c. The patient's mother tells the nurse that the patient needs a ride to the clinic for follow-up.
  d. The physician tells the nurse that the patient needs a chest x-ray.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

asware1

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Subjective data are based on the patient's report or opinion. Objective data are data the nurse can verify. Effective data and evaluative data are not used as data classifications.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Subjective data are based on the patient's report or opinion. The only option representing a patient's report or opinion is the patient telling the nurse that he has a headache.

Tirant22

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Missbam101

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library