This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: How does co-dependence relate to nursing? a. It is a necessary quality to develop a mutually ... (Read 7 times)

jazziefee

How does co-dependence relate to nursing?

a. It is a necessary quality to develop a mutually rewarding relationship with the patient.
  b. It is potentially destructive, because the nurse's co-dependency may prevent meeting the patient's needs.
  c. Co-dependent nurses find nursing a healthy way to expand on nursing learned during school.
  d. Co-dependency is the long-term goal of nursing instructors for nursing students.

Question 2

A nurse is overheard telling a patient, No, you do not need to bathe yourself. It doesn't make any difference if that's what the other nurses have you do. I will do that for you.

I enjoy doing things for others, and I know you'll appreciate my taking this time with you. The most accurate assessment of this nurse's behavior is that she's

a. weird.
  b. a good nurse.
  c. hoping for a raise.
  d. co-dependent.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

choc0chan

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Nurse co-dependence may interfere with patient autonomy (e.g., learning self-care skills). Co-dependency is not necessary, nor is it a healthy way to expand on nursing learned during school. Co-dependence is not a goal of nursing instructors for nursing students.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Co-dependent behaviors by the nurse interfere with patient autonomy. There are insufficient data to choose one of the other options.

jazziefee

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
:D TYSM

fatboyy09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library