This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A couple has been married for 20 years. They argue constantly, belittle feelings, and continuously ... (Read 25 times)

go.lag

A couple has been married for 20 years. They argue constantly, belittle feelings, and continuously contradict each other. During a therapy session, the nurse documents Marital schism. What does the nurse mean by this documentation?

A. The couple has a compatible marriage relationship.
  B. The husband has a dominant relationship over the wife.
  C. The couple has an enmeshed relationship.
  D. The couple has an incompatible marriage relationship.

Question 2

During family counseling, a husband tells his wife to spend more time with the family, and she responds by stating, Okay, I'll turn in my resignation tomorrow.

The husband replies, I knew it You've always been a quitter How should the nurse interpret the husband's statement? A. The husband is expressing an emotional cutoff.
  B. The husband is expressing double-bind communication.
  C. The husband is expressing indirect messages.
  D. The husband is expressing avoidance behaviors.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ttt030911

Answer to Question 1

D
A marital schism is a state of chronic disequilibrium and discord. This describes this couple's marriage.

Answer to Question 2

B
Double-bind communication sets up no-win situations. The husband has created a situation in which no matter what the wife does, she is wrong.

go.lag

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

pratush dev

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library