This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A couple has been married for 20 years. They argue constantly, belittle feelings, and continuously ... (Read 26 times)

go.lag

A couple has been married for 20 years. They argue constantly, belittle feelings, and continuously contradict each other. During a therapy session, the nurse documents Marital schism. What does the nurse mean by this documentation?

A. The couple has a compatible marriage relationship.
  B. The husband has a dominant relationship over the wife.
  C. The couple has an enmeshed relationship.
  D. The couple has an incompatible marriage relationship.

Question 2

During family counseling, a husband tells his wife to spend more time with the family, and she responds by stating, Okay, I'll turn in my resignation tomorrow.

The husband replies, I knew it You've always been a quitter How should the nurse interpret the husband's statement? A. The husband is expressing an emotional cutoff.
  B. The husband is expressing double-bind communication.
  C. The husband is expressing indirect messages.
  D. The husband is expressing avoidance behaviors.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ttt030911

Answer to Question 1

D
A marital schism is a state of chronic disequilibrium and discord. This describes this couple's marriage.

Answer to Question 2

B
Double-bind communication sets up no-win situations. The husband has created a situation in which no matter what the wife does, she is wrong.

go.lag

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

diana chang

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library