This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During family counseling a child states, I just want to surf like other kids. Mom says it's okay, ... (Read 26 times)

bucstennis@aim.com

During family counseling a child states, I just want to surf like other kids. Mom says it's okay, but Dad says I'm too young. The mother allows surfing when the father is absent.

In the structural model of family therapy, what family interactional pattern should the nurse recognize? A. Multigenerational transmission
  B. Disengagement
  C. Motherchild subsystem
  D. Emotional cutoff

Question 2

During family counseling a husband states, Every time my wife and I discuss child discipline, we get into shouting matches. The nurse instructs the couple to shout at each other for 2 weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 30 minutes.

What intervention is the nurse using? A. Reframing
  B. Restructuring the family
  C. Expressive psychotherapy
  D. Paradoxical intervention

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

katkat_flores

Answer to Question 1

C
In this situation the mother and child have formed a subsystem in which they have aligned themselves against the father.

Answer to Question 2

D
In a paradoxical intervention, the therapist requests the family to continue the maladaptive behavior. This removes control over the behavior from the family to the therapist. Clients are made more aware of the defeating behavior and this can lead to behavioral change.

bucstennis@aim.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

juliaf

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library