This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During family counseling a child states, I just want to surf like other kids. Mom says it's okay, ... (Read 29 times)

bucstennis@aim.com

During family counseling a child states, I just want to surf like other kids. Mom says it's okay, but Dad says I'm too young. The mother allows surfing when the father is absent.

In the structural model of family therapy, what family interactional pattern should the nurse recognize? A. Multigenerational transmission
  B. Disengagement
  C. Motherchild subsystem
  D. Emotional cutoff

Question 2

During family counseling a husband states, Every time my wife and I discuss child discipline, we get into shouting matches. The nurse instructs the couple to shout at each other for 2 weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 30 minutes.

What intervention is the nurse using? A. Reframing
  B. Restructuring the family
  C. Expressive psychotherapy
  D. Paradoxical intervention

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

katkat_flores

Answer to Question 1

C
In this situation the mother and child have formed a subsystem in which they have aligned themselves against the father.

Answer to Question 2

D
In a paradoxical intervention, the therapist requests the family to continue the maladaptive behavior. This removes control over the behavior from the family to the therapist. Clients are made more aware of the defeating behavior and this can lead to behavioral change.

bucstennis@aim.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

lkanara2

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library