This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nursing instructor is describing complex somatic symptom disorder to a group of nursing students. ... (Read 95 times)

mwit1967

A nursing instructor is describing complex somatic symptom disorder to a group of nursing students. The instructor determines that the teaching was successful when the students state which of the following?

A) The disorder typically is diagnosed in men.
  B) The first symptom usually appears during adolescence.
  C) The disorder commonly occurs with substance abuse.
  D) Highly educated individuals often develop this disorder.

Question 2

While assessing a client thought to have a factitious disorder, the nurse asks the client to describe when she felt nurtured as a child. Which response would the nurse interpret as supporting the client's diagnosis?

A) I never felt nurtured or loved when I was growing up.
  B) The only time I felt loved and appreciated was when I made the honor roll at school.
  C) The only time I ever felt loved was when I was sick enough to miss school.
  D) I felt loved and accepted when my father apologized for spanking me so hard.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

soda0602

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

mwit1967

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

JCABRERA33

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library