This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse makes a home visit to a client who has dysthymic disorder. The nurse can anticipate that ... (Read 29 times)

RRMR

The nurse makes a home visit to a client who has dysthymic disorder. The nurse can anticipate that the client's symptoms may include:

A) Low energy.
  B) Intense concentration.
  C) Agitation.
  D) Normal appetite.

Question 2

At 1 AM, the client with mania rushes to the nurses' station and demands that the psychiatrist come to the unit now to write an order for a pass to go home. Which response by the nurse would be the most therapeutic?

A) Go to the day room and wait while I call your psychiatrist.
  B) Don't be unreasonable. I can't call the psychiatrist at this time of night.
  C) I can't call the psychiatrist now, but you and I can talk about your request for a pass.
  D) You must really be upset to want a pass immediately; I'll give you a PRN medication.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

izzat

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

C
Feedback: Answer C limits the unreasonable request while providing the opportunity to discuss it. Answers A, B, and D are not therapeutic.

RRMR

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

laurnthompson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library