This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse makes a home visit to a client who has dysthymic disorder. The nurse can anticipate that ... (Read 31 times)

RRMR

The nurse makes a home visit to a client who has dysthymic disorder. The nurse can anticipate that the client's symptoms may include:

A) Low energy.
  B) Intense concentration.
  C) Agitation.
  D) Normal appetite.

Question 2

At 1 AM, the client with mania rushes to the nurses' station and demands that the psychiatrist come to the unit now to write an order for a pass to go home. Which response by the nurse would be the most therapeutic?

A) Go to the day room and wait while I call your psychiatrist.
  B) Don't be unreasonable. I can't call the psychiatrist at this time of night.
  C) I can't call the psychiatrist now, but you and I can talk about your request for a pass.
  D) You must really be upset to want a pass immediately; I'll give you a PRN medication.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

izzat

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

C
Feedback: Answer C limits the unreasonable request while providing the opportunity to discuss it. Answers A, B, and D are not therapeutic.

RRMR

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

steff9894

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

In 2010, opiate painkllers, such as morphine, OxyContin®, and Vicodin®, were tied to almost 60% of drug overdose deaths.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library