This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client with schizophrenia tells the nurse that rats have started to eat his brain. The best ... (Read 76 times)

ts19998

The client with schizophrenia tells the nurse that rats have started to eat his brain. The best response by the nurse would be:

A) Have you discussed this with your physician?
  B) How could that be possible?
  C) You cannot have rats in your brain.
  D) You look OK to me.

Question 2

A client visits the clinic and a panic disorder is diagnosed. During the interview the client tells the nurse, I'm so nervous. I feel as if I'm having a stroke right now. The nurse's first intervention should be to:

A) Stay with the client while remaining calm.
  B) Move the client to a safe environment.
  C) Tell the client that the attack will soon pass.
  D) Teach the client deep breathing techniques to calm her.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bitingbit

Answer to Question 1

A
Feedback: This sounds like a new symptom, so talking with the physician is important; the client may need to have his medication re-evaluated. Answer B puts the client on the defensive. Answer C infers that the response is unbelievable. Answer D is inappropriate and not therapeutic.

Answer to Question 2

D

ts19998

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Hdosisshsbshs

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library