Author Question: A client with schizophrenia tells the nurse, I'm being watched constantly by the FBI because of my ... (Read 48 times)

azncindy619

A client with schizophrenia tells the nurse, I'm being watched constantly by the FBI because of my job. Which response by the nurse would be most appropriate?

A) Tell me more about how you are being watched.
  B) It must be frightening to feel like you're always been watched.
  C) You're not being watched; it's all in your mind.
  D) You are experiencing a delusion because of your illness.

Question 2

Many clients have difficulty expressing anger. Which of the following interventions would assist the client with the appropriate expression of anger?

A) Encourage catharsis
  B) Encourage verbalization
  C) Improve self-esteem
  D) Isolate from others

canderson530

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

B
Feedback: Verbally expressing angry feelings is a safe and appropriate way to deal with anger. Isolation and catharsis can increase angry and hostile feelings. Answer A, C, and D are not appropriate responses in this situation.