Author Question: The nurse is working with a client at the battered women's shelter who is in a violent and abusive ... (Read 97 times)

lindiwe

The nurse is working with a client at the battered women's shelter who is in a violent and abusive relationship. The client is considering a separation and asks the nurse, What do you think about that? The best response by the nurse is:

A) Batterers never change, so it would be best for you to leave.
  B) If you don't leave, he'll think you're going to continue to endure his abuse.
  C) If you leave, maybe he'll see that he has to change his behavior.
  D) You may be in more physical danger after you leave him.

Question 2

The nurse has explained some of the biologic theories of causation to a client who has borderline personality disorder. The nurse determines that the client has understood the instructions when the client says:

A) My disorder may be caused by increased serotonin activity.
  B) My disorder is due to decreased dopamine activity in my brain.
  C) A frontal lobe dysfunction may be causing my condition.
  D) An occipital lobe dysfunction may be causing my condition.

CourtneyCNorton

Answer to Question 1

D
Feedback: Statistics indicate that violence increases when the victim attempts to leave or end the relationship. Answers A, B, and C are not the best responses to this situation.

Answer to Question 2

A