This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client has been living in a shelter with her four children after escaping her abusive husband. The ... (Read 62 times)

james0929

A client has been living in a shelter with her four children after escaping her abusive husband. The client's move-out date is getting closer. The client states, I'm afraid to leave here. I'm afraid for my safety and the safety of my children.

Which is the most appropriate nursing response?
  A) Let's work together to summarize what you've learned into a plan to keep you and your family safe.
  B) It's the policy that clients can live here for only 30 days. It's unfortunate, but there's nothing I can do.
  C) You've had a month to come up with a plan for keeping you and your family safe.
  D) Your husband has probably moved on by now. That's how they all are.

Question 2

A client will be undergoing electroconvulsive therapy (ECT). Which assessments should be performed before the client is cleared for ECT treatment? Select all that apply.

A) Cardiovascular exam
  B) Pulmonary exam
  C) Physical examination
  D) Blood samples
  E) Urine samples