This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Throughout the assessment, the client displays disorganized thinking, jumping from one idea to ... (Read 20 times)

Pea0909berry

Throughout the assessment, the client displays disorganized thinking, jumping from one idea to another with no clear relationship between the thoughts. The nurse would assess the client as having which of the following?

A) Concrete thoughts
  B) Ideas of reference
  C) Loose associations
  D) Word salad

Question 2

While interviewing a client diagnosed with a delusional disorder, the client states, I have this really strange odor coming out of my mouth.

I stop to brush my teeth almost every hour and then rinse with mouthwash every half hour to get rid of this smell. I've seen so many doctors, and they can't tell me what's wrong. The nurse interprets the client's statement as reflecting which type of delusion?
  A) Erotomanic
  B) Grandiose
  C) Somatic
  D) Jealous

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

laurnthompson

Answer to Question 1

C
Feedback: The client displayed ideas that were loosely associated to one another. Concrete thoughts occur when the client continually gives literal translations. Ideas of reference are the client's inaccurate interpretation that general events are personally directed to him or her. Word salad is a flow of unconnected words that convey no meaning to the listener.

Answer to Question 2

A

Pea0909berry

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

xoxo123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library