Author Question: Patients of which demographic group have the highest suicide rate in the United States? a. Female ... (Read 23 times)

Lobcity

Patients of which demographic group have the highest suicide rate in the United States?

a. Female between the ages of 13 and 19 years
  b. Male between the ages of 19 and 27 years
  c. Female age 65 years or older
  d. Male age 50 years or older

Question 2

While interviewing a patient, a nurse asks, What do you do when you get angry? Which patient response would indicate to the nurse that the patient engages in anger suppression?

A) I've been known to fly off the handle when I'm angry.
  B) People say I withdraw and pout about the problem.
  C) I usually approach the person directly to talk about it.
  D) I try to discuss how I'm feeling about it with a close friend.

Brummell1998

Answer to Question 1

D
The highest suicide rate for any group in the United States is among people over the age of 65 years, especially white men over the age of 85 years. Although this group constitutes 12.6 of the total U.S. population, it accounts for about 18.1 of suicide deaths. White males over the age of 50 years represent the greatest number of these deaths.

Answer to Question 2

B