This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with depression tells a nurse, I hope someone will make sure my family gets my jewelry ... (Read 32 times)

imanialler

A patient with depression tells a nurse, I hope someone will make sure my family gets my jewelry when I'm gone.. This statement can be assessed as a suicide:

a. attempt.
  b. gesture.
  c. threat.
  d. plan.

Question 2

The nurse is working with a potentially violent patient in a community clinic. Which of the following would the nurse implement to minimize personal risk?

A) Using protective devices
  B) Staying close to a door
  C) Keeping the door closed to ensure privacy
  D) Wearing inexpensive jewelry to distract the patient

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

skipfourms123

Answer to Question 1

C
Suicide threats are warningsindirect or direct, verbal or nonverbalthat the person plans to attempt suicide.

Answer to Question 2

B

imanialler

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

T4T

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library