This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After interviewing a patient about social supports, the nurse determines that the patient is ... (Read 36 times)

j.rubin

After interviewing a patient about social supports, the nurse determines that the patient is experiencing emotional support from these social supports based on which statement?

A) I'm glad I have someone that I can talk to.
  B) The person who cut my lawn was great
  C) I received a small community grant for groceries.
  D) The senior center gave me a booklet about my medications.

Question 2

A nurse is planning to conduct a family assessment. Which of the following BEST describes the components that should be included in a family assessment?

a. thorough evaluation of areas where the family needs to improve
  b. detailed information about a family and its members' views of their own strengths and problems
  c. summary of potential areas of conflict between all family members
  d. identification of possible strategies to address family role relationships

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

scrocafella

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B
During an assessment, the nurse should attempt to gain detailed information about a family and its members' views of their own strengths an challenges. An excellent resource that can assist the nurse in accomplishing this is the family assessment tool. The tool was created and modified as a result of the work of multiple family nursing experts.

j.rubin

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

robbielu01

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library