This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After interviewing a client about social supports, a nurse determines that the client is ... (Read 24 times)

Lobcity

After interviewing a client about social supports, a nurse determines that the client is experiencing emotional support from these social supports based on which statement?

A) I'm glad I have someone that I can talk to.
  B) The person who cut my lawn was great
  C) I received a small community grant for groceries.
  D) The senior center gave me a booklet about my medications.

Question 2

A client is talking to a nurse about her friendship with another person. She comments, That person is always there for me, and I am always there for her. We help each other out; sometimes she's helping me, and sometimes I am helping her.

The nurse interprets the client's statements about her social network as reflecting which of the following?

A) Denseness
  B) Reciprocity
  C) Social support
  D) Constraints

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fraziera112

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
Emotional support from social support is evidenced by attachment, reassurance, and being able to rely on and confide in a person. The statement about having someone to talk to reflects this. The statements about cutting the lawn and the grant for groceries reflect tangible support. The statement about the medication booklet reflects informational support.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
The patient is describing reciprocity, opportunities for give and take. Network members both provide and receive support, aid, services, and information. Reciprocity is particularly important because most friendships do not last without the give and take of support and services. Denseness is the size of the network and the interconnectedness of the individuals in that network. Social support refers to the positive interpersonal interactions that occur as part of a dynamic process that is in constant flux. Constraints are personal and environmental limitations.

Lobcity

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

bbburns21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library