This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An adult states, When I was young, I would never have even thought of being disrespectful or being ... (Read 12 times)

imowrer

An adult states, When I was young, I would never have even thought of being disrespectful or being disobedient to my parents..

The nurse gains insight that supports the theory that this adult was probably raised in a home with which parenting style? a. Authoritarian
  b. Traditional
  c. Democratic
  d. Permissive

Question 2

Which patient has best achieved the desired outcome of therapy to improve self-concept?

a. A patient who states, My abilities are still a long way from comparing favorably with my self-ideal..
  b. A patient who states, I felt pushed to do what the nurse wanted. I wasn't always ready to move forward when the nurse was..
  c. A patient who states, I understand myself better, but I haven't worked out what alternative behaviors will serve me best..
  d. A patient who states, I understand that no one else can make me happy. I'm using my strengths and making my wishes become realities..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mammy1697

Answer to Question 1

A
Authoritarian parents are oriented toward shaping, controlling, and restricting the adolescent to fixed standards. Obedience is seen as a virtue, and power and responsibility are not shared with the adolescent. Traditional parents value a sense of continuity and order. Democratic parents do not believe that their standards are always right. Permissive is not a parenting style identified in the textbook.

Answer to Question 2

D
The patient in this option shows self-awareness and commitment to change, whereas the remarks of the others express only self-awareness.

imowrer

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

tranoy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library