Author Question: The inability of people with anorexia nervosa to process interoceptive stimuli has suggested to some ... (Read 31 times)

ahriuashd

The inability of people with anorexia nervosa to process interoceptive stimuli has suggested to some researchers that anorexia might be caused by:

a. neurological or endocrine abnormalities
  b. attempts to gain control of life
  c. abnormal brain anatomy
  d. brain pathway abnormalities

Question 2

A patient reports feeling detached and says, It feels as though I'm watching a movie as life unfolds. I'm isolated, on the outside and not involved. I really don't feel anything. I don't know if I'm alive or dead, awake or sleeping..

The nurse can determine that the patient is describing: a. akathisia.
  b. hypomania.
  c. depersonalization.
  d. boundary violations.

k2629

Answer to Question 1

A
Neurological or endocrine abnormalities may be responsible for that inability of people with anorexia to process interoceptive stimuli. This inability to process interoceptive stimuli results in being unable to tell when one is hungry or full. Some have posited an organic cause for these abnormalities. However, it is unknown whether these neurological and endocrine abnormalities are the cause or result of anorexia nervosa.

Answer to Question 2

C
Depersonalization is characterized by feelings of detachment, isolation, alienation, unreality, confusion, and a dreamlike view of the world.