Author Question: An adolescent relates a mutual masturbatory experience to a nurse and says, I think I'm a ... (Read 36 times)

littleanan

An adolescent relates a mutual masturbatory experience to a nurse and says, I think I'm a homosexual.. Which statement by the nurse with respect to the patient's development stage is most appropriate?

a. Adolescence is the common time for sexual experimentation..
  b. It's important to be happy with your sexuality, whatever it may be..
  c. You might be bisexual. Tell me about your sexual behavior in detail..
  d. It's believed that many homosexual people begin to experiment at your age..

Question 2

A nurse planning care for a patient who has somatoform disorder needs to be aware that these patients often have relationship problems associated with:

a. anger.
  b. dependency.
  c. detachment.
  d. misplaced objectivity.

raenoj

Answer to Question 1

A
The most therapeutic nursing intervention is the one that provides the information that adolescence is a time when sexual identity and sexual behavior vary.

Answer to Question 2

B
Dependency is the need for others to care for the patient. Clinicians have observed that many patients with somatization disorders display dependency. Having physical symptoms allows a patient to meet dependency needs in a socially acceptable way.