This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient diagnosed with hypochondriasis says, No one believes I have a brain tumor I have terrible ... (Read 17 times)

SGallaher96

A patient diagnosed with hypochondriasis says, No one believes I have a brain tumor I have terrible headaches and episodes of blurred vision. I'm going to die.. Which nursing approach fosters cognitive restructuring?

a. Tell me about your relationships with the significant people in your life..
  b. You must be very worried about your condition. Let's discuss these feelings..
  c. Let's look at the evidence that suggests you have a brain tumor and consider the possible explanations for the symptoms..
  d. Your concern is unfounded. The more you talk about it, the more real your false idea seems. Let's talk about something else..

Question 2

Based on the statement that despite increased public awareness and the development of effective antidepressant medications, depression continues to be regularly found at a constant prevalence, one would say that depression continues to be:

a. endemic
  b. epidemic
  c. epidemiological
  d. experimental

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nathang24

Answer to Question 1

C
Questioning the evidence is a cognitive restructuring technique that can be effective in changing distorted thinking. Patients with hypochondriasis often ignore any possibilities except those that support their distorted thinking. Learning that headaches, visual disturbances, weakness, and vomiting can have causes other than brain tumors can be helpful.

Answer to Question 2

A
Depression is endemic, meaning it is constantly or regularly found in the population. Epidemiology includes the study of such endemic diseases: their causes, their treatment, and their prevention and control.

SGallaher96

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Jossy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library