This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement by the therapist is an example of confrontation? a. Your anger at your mother is ... (Read 25 times)

gbarreiro

Which statement by the therapist is an example of confrontation?

a. Your anger at your mother is very uncomfortable for you.
  b. You deal with anger by avoiding the situation.
  c. You are angry at me the same way you are angry at your mother.
  d. You are always on time for sessions, and I appreciate this.

Question 2

Culture defines the values and norms of a society.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bfulkerson77

Answer to Question 1

C
The best example of confrontation is when the nurse responds, You are angry at me the same way you are angry at your mother. The nurse is directly challenging the client's behavior with the intention of provoking a reaction from the client. The reaction is intended to help the client overcome emotional barriers to change.

Answer to Question 2

T

gbarreiro

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

DylanD1323

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library